email sentplease check your mailbox
you will receive a link to reset your password.
enter your password
your password has been changed!
Thank you for your registration. We will be in touch soon
You will be able to access this session at the time indicated in the programme.
We are pioneers, inventors, and true innovators. The Garrett name has been synonymous with advancing motion by revolutionizing the engine through turbocharger development. Now, as an independent company, Garrett – Advancing Motion (GTX) continues that reputation of being ahead of the technological curve and will vigorously pursue opportunities to provide electric boosting and automotive software solutions. We are a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion.
Garrett enjoys longstanding collaborative relationships with leading global automakers and has a proven track record of operational excellence. It currently serves approximately 40 global automakers with 13 well-positioned manufacturing plants and five research and development centers to meet worldwide demand. In addition to its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers, Garrett also provides replacement parts to the global independent aftermarket meeting a range of end-customer needs. Garrett is a legendary turbo brand within the performance and enthusiast community. Its aftermarket performance portfolio serves OEM factory teams competing at the highest levels of international competition as well as private grassroots racers and tuners seeking improved engine performance.
At Garrett – Advancing Motion, we know that people are central to success. We celebrate their diversity and cultures, nurture their knowledge and know-how, encourage innovation and collaboration, and foster a working environment founded on integrity and respect.
At Garrett, we offer a world of opportunity. We create the conditions for our people to fulfil their potential through personalised support that nurtures talent inside a culture that celebrates diversity and success.
The Electrical Product Engineer will be tasked with supporting the development of power electronic and motor control hardware that push the state of the art in efficiency and thermal design.
Areas of your responsibility will include circuit design and simulation, PCB layout, thermal analysis, as well as some 3D CAD modeling. You will work closely with our Motor Design experts and Systems Development team to drive new product development from concept design through test & validation.
The successful candidate must be able work efficiently within the development team as well as on independent tasks.
Typical days involve working with the Electrical Hardware engineer to develop and test motors and controllers.
Within the product team, you will define and analyze electrical circuits, mechanical interfaces and thermal requirements.
You will collaborate with designers, manufacturing engineers, suppliers and engineering services in support of component development.
You will then work with launch engineers for validation testing as you follow the product to its production launch.
Proficient in analog circuit design, analysis, and test, primarily for LV microcontroller based motor control applications. Compentent is PCB layout (typically to manage layout resource)
- Create and maintain component drawings and specifications
- Use of analytical and expermiental tools to develop and validate electric circuitry
- Coordination between product development team (system engineer, motor design, and software engineer)
- Specify, coordinate and execute/oversee performance validation and qualification tests
You must have:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in electronic design
- Knowledge of manufacturing process of power electronic assemblies
- Basic high speed rotating machine experience (bearings, rotordynamics) is an asset
- Work experience developing products in the automotive industry highly preferred
- Basic understanding of internal combustion engines and turbochargers
Embedded Software Engineer
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will develop embedded firmware in a ISO-26262 and AUTOSAR automotive environment within a cross functional engineering team. You will lead software review and release phase gates, as well as support the hardware design reviews.
- Develop automotive embedded firmware
- Implement motor control software
- Lead Software review and release process
- Participate in low voltage hardware design review
- Participate in risk assessment and DFMEA
- B.Sc in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- M.Sc, or Ph.D in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Significant Experience in Embedded Firmware development in C/C++
- Some experience in AUTOSAR and ISO26262 compatible embedded firmware development
- Some experience in HWIO/application layer implementation with motor conotrl CPU/DSPs
- Some experience in software development life cycle
- Some experience with automotive software debugging tools based on CCP/XCP
- Some experience with software version / source control tools
- Some knowledge with low voltage digital hardware and schematics
- Some knowledge of communication protocols such as CAN, CAN-FD, and Flexray
The Controller Integration Engineerstrong> will be tasked with leading the mechanical integration of advanced controllers to drive high speed motors that push the state of the art in speed, efficiency and performance. The Controller Integration Engineer is responsible for the mechanical integration aspect of our controller. Their expertise in mechanical integration of electronic components within automotive/underhood and close collaboration with Power Electronics experts, systems development team and hardware engineers will ensure development of systems that meet requirements in performance, efficiency, certification and qualification. This role is also key to ensure packaging, cost and reliability requirements are met throughout the process from concept development through validation and production release.
- Develop mechanical design integration of our controller to meet state of the art performance, reliability (vibration, thermal, sealing,…), packaging and costs
- Own overall controller 2D & 3D drawings - Interact with our customers to negotiate packaging and intefaces while maintaining product synergies
- Impact our development cycle productivity by creating and institutionalizing controller design integration guidelines
- B.Sc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- M.Sc, or Ph.D in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Significant Automotive Engineering Experience - Min 5 years in electronic device underhood integration
- Significant experience with the development of electric motors and/or power controllers - Good understanding in theory of AC SPM/IPM/Induction motors and their controls for automotive applications
- Practical knowldege of typical automotive electrical component specification management, safety requirements and validation procedures
- Good analytical skills in modelling, simulation and development with thermo-mechanical FEA
- Demonstrated mastery of design tools appropriate for the field (3D design and tolerancing tools)
Garrett is one of the automotive industry’s most iconic brands. It’s a name synonymous with six decades of world-first innovation, responsible for ground-breaking turbocharging technologies that have changed the way we think about performance and driveability. From mainstream passenger vehicles to F1 racing cars; from delivery vans and haulage trucks to huge off-highway equipment… Garrett turbo technology has been the boost behind some of the most significant moments in automotive history. Through experience, talent and a mindset that challenges convention, the Garrett brand will continue to set the pace; to create the differentiated high-performance systems that deliver competitive advantage to our customers and help redefine the end user experience.
Cutting-Edge Technology Provider
Our culture of continuous innovation has inspired many of the auto industry’s most significant engineering developments in modern times. Garrett engineers have led the way in multiple breakthrough turbo architectures, including variable geometry turbines, ball-bearing, electrically actuated controls and air-bearing electric compressors for hydrogen fuel cells. Every year, Garrett introduces around 10 new technologies to the market. Our engineers are globally-deployed in five R&D centers and 13 close-to-customer engineering centers, ensuring that our partnerships with OEMs are collaborative, deep and value-adding. This culture of continuous innovation increasingly extends to connected vehicle systems, where we are leveraging our powertrain expertise to create cybersecurity and diagnostic and prognostic technologies ready for a shared and autonomous vehicle future.
Electric & Hybrid
Garrett is supporting the industry’s pursuit of improved fuel economy and emissions with innovations integrating a new era of electric products with traditional mechanical applications. Continued hybridization and fuel cell development will feature Garrett hardware as well as software to develop high-performance powertrain and vehicle systems that are attractive to customers and reflective of increasingly stringent fuel economy and emissions regulations around the world.
Garrett – Advancing Motion delivers the promise of clean and reliable mobility solutions. We help OEMs safeguard vehicle integrity at all times by detecting, reporting and preventing anomalies that might occur.
We deliver Automotive Cybersecurity, OEM Diagnostic and Prognostic, and Fleet Early Warning System to our OEM customers and fleet operators, to unlock the full potential of automotive connectivity.
Garrett at a glance
Serving Automotive Customers with Unique Competencies